Wednesday, December 12, 2007

 
Do you know Him?
I found myself meditating on knowing GOD; not only knowing about Him but truly knowing the Triune GOD. I believe much of Jesus ministry was restoring relationships with GOD and thus having fellowship with GOD. Many today want to know about GOD, Jesus and the Holy Spirit; how many want to know Him? We spend much energy on studying the miracles, mighty powers and we should; however I think we should spend most of our energy on knowing GOD. Throughout the Old Testament we certainly see people very impressed with GOD’s power; but how many really desired to know Him? Oh you will certainly find them; Moses, Abraham, Noah, Isaiah, Job, Israel (formally known as Jacob), Joseph, Daniel etc… There is certainly some key areas that GOD is going to bless with His fellowship; Bible time, prayer time, worship and fellowship with Himself and others.

You certainly should be impressed by the power of GOD; you should be far more impressed with His love and fellowship. I believe that is what I see in Jesus and His relationship with the Father. What a sweet fellowship the Father and the Son have, I believe we should spend our energy and time participating in that fellowship. To me the great mystery of GOD’s power is that He loved us while we where yet sinners. That realization is what continues to break me; the fact that He loves me in my current state, wow that just makes me cry.

Rom 5:8 NKJV
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

1 Cor 1:8-9 NKJV
9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?