Sunday, December 30, 2007

 
Confined to Church

I believe that church should not be confined to four walls and a specific day of the week. In the early church it seems to me that you would have a hard time distinguishing the actual services from the everyday living of the followers of Christ. Please don’t misunderstand me; I am not at all suggesting that we should not have a day set aside for church service and or a specific building set aside for the service. What I am saying is that the bible and the love of Christ should be so transparent in us that we should be in His service everyday and not just in a service just once a week. I look around this nation and there is certainly a remnant of people who have devoted their lives to loving the Lord, praying and serving others, although it’s definitely not commonplace or the norm.

Seek Him in the everyday and remember Christ lived servant-hood out.

John 13:12-17

12 So when He had washed their feet, taken His garments, and sat down again, He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you? 13 You call me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. 14 If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. 16 Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. 17 If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.
NKJV

Matt 23:11
11 But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant.
NKJV

Matt 22:36-40
36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?" 37 Jesus said to him, " 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."
NKJV

Remember loving and serving is active and participatory and not passive. May GOD bless you and fulfill His purpose in you through His love.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?