Friday, November 16, 2007

 
Count me Jesus:

This morning I was at the beach reading the bible praying and enjoying time with GOD; I am currently reading Genesis. I found myself thinking and perhaps envying the relationship between GOD and Abram (Abraham). As I was walking I found myself singing count me Jesus, wanting to be counted as one of Abraham’s decedents. As I was meditating on what GOD said to Abram; (Gen 13:14-17 NKJV)

14 And the LORD said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him: "Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are--northward, southward, eastward, and westward; 15 for all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants forever. 16 And I will make your descendants as the dust of the earth; so that if a man could number the dust of the earth, then your descendants also could be numbered. 17 Arise, walk in the land through its length and its width, for I give it to you."

At that moment on the beach the Lord inspired me to look up into the Heavens and look out over Puget Sound and He gently reminded me of the promise of Jesus and what it means to be saved by Him and for Him. He is preparing a place for me and you, the place is not as special as the one whom is preparing it; we will get to spend eternity with one who loves us.

John 14:1-4 NKJV
14:1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?