Saturday, December 16, 2006

 
Dare to be Disciplined:

I spend the greatest amount of my time and energy feeding the very part of myself that Christ came to destroy in order to set me free. I barely have the energy to hap heartedly open my bible at bedtime. Oh and the prayer time, my words are jumbled together because I am in a rush to feed my flesh with the things the world offers. I find that I go to bed when I am really tired after worshiping at the alter of my television set; oh then the morning I have to rush and stress to get out of the house because I stayed up too late watching television. Does this sound familiar? You see the problem is that I don’t really spend enough quality time with GOD and or pursuing the things of GOD. As parents, we spend money learning how to raise our kids or read articles on such subjects as dare to discipline; I believe that we need to dare to be disciplined. Disciplined in reading the word of GOD and prayer and also bringing yourself into the light and let HIS light show you the areas of your life that is not pleasing to HIM. A loving Father always disciplines his children and GOD is the ultimate loving FATHER. Praise GOD for His love…


John 3:18-21
19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."
NKJV

John 10:10-11
10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
NKJV

2 Cor 7:1
7:1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
NKJV

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?