Saturday, November 25, 2006

 
Dear Jesus,

Show me what forgiveness looks like. The words of Jesus on the cross really visualize the very essence of forgiveness to me.

Luke 23:34-38
34 Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." And they divided His garments and cast lots. 35 And the people stood looking on. But even the rulers with them sneered, saying, "He saved others; let Him save Himself if He is the Christ, the chosen of God." 36 The soldiers also mocked Him, coming and offering Him sour wine, 37 and saying, "If You are the King of the Jews, save Yourself." 38 And an inscription also was written over Him in letters of Greek, Latin, and Hebrew: THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
NKJV

Jesus had been beaten and was deprived of any human dignity; this was not done because of anything He had done. No, on the contrary it was done as the result of a fallen and utterly lost people. You might say that those words; Father, forgive them were not only spoken for those who physically nailed Jesus to the cross and those who physically mocked Him, I would also say those words were for me and for you. Every sin I committed mocked, beat and put Jesus on that cross.

Father, forgive me for all of my transgressions and my sin of not appreciating the price Jesus paid on that cross. Let my heart forever be grateful to you; for I would not ever see love and life without your precious sacrifice. I love you Lord…

Comments:
Sermon on the Mount stuff! Word!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?