Friday, August 25, 2006

 

We are not defined by our failures or successes. The apostles were not defined by their apostleship or great humanitarian efforts. Moses was not defined by the exodus or receiving the ten commandments, King David was not defined by His lineage, the Apostle Paul was not defined by his past life as Saul any more then you or I are defined by our moral failures. I have probably never met a person that I have not failed at some level. This one thing I am confident in though; I am defined and living because of the grace and love of Jesus Christ. Anything I do outside of Christ no matter how great they may seem is but filthy rags.

Isa 64:6
6 But we are all like an unclean thing,
And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags;
We all fade as a leaf,
And our iniquities, like the wind,
Have taken us away.
NKJV

Phil 3:8-10
8 Yea verily, and I count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but refuse, that I may gain Christ,

9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of mine own, (even) that which is of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith:

10 that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming conformed unto his death;
ASV


Thanks, Rory D. Bennett

Comments:
A man who backs his statements up with the word of God...what the world needs!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?